where you learn how not to have sucky marketing by looking at the sucky marketing of others

2.13.2007

Presidential Marketing

I'm on the email list for the Nixon Library. It is a neat place and sometimes they have speakers I like to go see and the email keeps me updated. I just got this email filled with President's Day gift ideas. Maybe I am not as sentimental as most, but I don't typically celebrate, much less exchange gifts for President's Day.

If you are fortunate enough to have people that subscribe to your newsletter, be sure to respect their time and intelligence. Sure I promote myself, but I make sure every message I send is potentially valuable and informative for my very intelligent subscribers.
Come to think of it, the Nixon Library is in California, I should have unsubsribed years ago when I moved back to St. Louis. On the other hand it did give me a great idea for a blog post 8)

0 comments: